At some point in our life, it is very likely that we have suffered from the typical neck pain. As soon as the situation worsens, it will mean that the discomfort has already changed to torticollis, which is a concentration of the muscles that occurs involuntarily, leaving the neck in a certain position and causing pain when trying to change it.
Keep in mind that torticollis is not a mere annoyance but a muscle contraction that has focused on the neck and that will make it difficult for movement in the area to be done normally.
Tips to relieve torticollis or neck pain
Experts tend to point out that torticollis is generally due to poor posture that has been maintained for a long period of time, or you can also suffer from torticollis as a result of a hereditary problem.
An anti-inflammatory infusion
If you get up in the morning and notice that you cannot move your neck, it is likely that you notice an inflammation, for this you can opt for a homemade preparation that will help you reduce inflammation of the body, added to small movements with the neck. Then do gentle exercises to regain mobility.
• Prepare an infusion of ginger, since its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties will help you, learn a little more about the different remedies you can make with ginger. Try these other recipes for anti-inflammatory drinks that you can make at home to tackle joint problems as well.
The torticollis or neck pain will not go away in hours, so you should calm down, and take your time. Keep the following tips in mind:
• Do not make sudden movements or carry weights with which the neck is forced.
• It is advisable that you lie down on the sofa about four times a day for about twenty minutes.
• Complement the ginger infusion with a chamomile or sage tea.
Protect the neck
It will not hurt that you apply the hot-cold technique so that the inflammation is reduced, as well as the pain. In any case, do not abuse the cold in the neck area. Try that the temperature is always right so that the torticollis is as painless as possible.
Use essential oils
The essential oil of rosemary, ginger or lavender are options with which you will be able to have on hand the necessary conditions for a very good massage to help you relax your neck.
Only do it if the pain is not very intense and when the inflammation is not so obvious. Some gentle exercises for you to imitate are:
• Move your head for 10 seconds in large circles.
• Shake your head yes and no, alternating every 20 seconds.
• Bring your ears to your shoulders. Then raise your shoulders to the level of your ears. Repeat the series for 20 to 30 seconds.
Our body weight is determined by the amount of energy that we take in as food and the amount of energy we expend in the activities of our day. Energy is measured in calories. Metabolism is the sum of all chemical processes within the body that sustain life. Your basal metabolic rate is the number of calories (amount of energy) you need for your body to carry out necessary functions. If your weight remains constant, this is likely a sign that you are taking in the same amount of calories that you burn daily. Bioswitch